There is nothing better on a summer road trip than to stop at a roadside farm stand or market and buy some fresh-picked summer sweet corn! To follow this recipe, you will need a pressure cooker and silicone pressure cooker trivet. Serves 2.
Four ears of corn
Two tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel husks from corn, removing all silk, and wash ears thoroughly
- Place a trivet in base of pressure cooker and add two cups of cold water
- Stand corn vertically on top of trivet and lock pressure cooker lid in place
- Set pressure cooker to high, then turn on stove and cook for one minute
- Turn off stove and move pressure cooker to the other stove burner
- Fast-release pressure from the pressure cooker and remove corn
- Butter and season with salt and pepper
Try a corn peeler (available at Williams Sonoma) to peel the ears.