Alaska Bound – LTV Southwest Roadrunners
May – July 2018
Come and join us on an epic journey and pilgrimage to Alaska
This is a fantastic opportunity for LTV Travel Club members who embody the spirit of adventure. Don’t wait too long to sign up! This is a very popular time for Alaska-bound RV travelers and most campgrounds require 12 month advance reservations.
- The first stage of the trip starts on May 30, 2018 in Bothell, Washington near Seattle and the last stage will conclude in Seattle, WA in mid-July (exact date TBD).
- Major locations in Alaska include Anchorage, Homer, Denali National Park, and Fairbanks.
- Daily travel distances are 150-250 miles (max) and on paved roads.
- 3-5 coaches will travel together in “Packs.” A pack leader will be assigned to ensure the safety and security of the group (traveling in small packs will be easier than going as a large caravan and it also allows flexibility to make extra stops along the way).
- “Rally Point” destinations will be scheduled for a 2-3 day stay to ensure that all is fine with you & your coach and make any necessary adjustments. It also provides an opportunity for us to swap stories about what we’ve experienced on the trip so far.
- Major routes and highways in Canada & Alaska are paved and the trip is no longer the ordeal it was in the early days.
- Preparations and precautions will be taken to lessen the workload for keeping your RV clean and damage-free.
- RV park reservation will be managed individually.
- All participants receive a spiral bound trip manual with maps, itineraries, checklist, points of interest, emergency & RV services, diesel stations and much, much more.
For more information contact Dennis & Darleen Thorig at [email protected] or call at 619-571-2264