Due to the current COVID-19 situation, please contact the organizer to verify whether this RV show is still planned, canceled, or postponed.
FLAMINGLES APRIL 24-27, 2020 RALLY—SILVER SPRINGS, FLORIDA
WHERE: Wilderness RV Resort, Silver Springs, Fl.
Reservations: call 352-625-1122 & ask for Bernice (Nee-Cee) or [email protected] with access to Ocklawha River. 80% of Sites are Paved! 2771 NE 102nd Avenue Rd.
COST: $47.00 Per Night -PLUS Tax. MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS. 30 SITES RESERVED. 1ST COME 1ST SERVE. We will all be located in Village Park in spots 40-90. Please note this is a residential park, very nicely kept, but not all sites have picnic tables, so bring your own if you want a table outside!
WHAT: Friday, April 24th check-in AT noon through Monday, April 27th, checkout by 11:00 AM
REGISTRATION DONATION: $20 Per Rig-collected at Rally for incidentals PLUS cost for Saturday and Sunday night dinners if attending.
SEE BOTTOM OF ITINERARY FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT LOCATION AND RESERVATIONS
LEADERSHIP TEAM WHO HAVE MADE THIS POSSIBLE:
• Karen L. Semmelman- Chapter Leader and Penny Durham- Assistant Chapter Leader.
• Brian Duffy–Entertainment Committee Chair. Wears many hats. Chapter Leader Elect.
• Ron Drodz- Workshops Committee Chair.
• Norine Dowd- Facebook Committee Chair.
• Minute Keepers-Norine Dowd, Gina Yee, and Sue Muscarella.
• Ron Drozd: Rally Location Committee Chair.
• Dee Galbreath: Clean Up Crews Committee Chair for November Rally. New Chair needed.
• Photos: Dave Camp Committee Chair.
• Blogs for LTV Postings following Chapter events: Fred & Kathie Nunes Co-Chairs.
• On-site Services: Randi Jones Committee Chair.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
FRIDAY, November 15, 2019
12:00 PM and after Check-into Resort. Look for the Flamingles Banner if you have questions. Exact site numbers unknown.
4:00 PM. Registration opens at MEETING HALL-enter through Café of from a separate exterior entry. Parking is limited to about 20 spots but is only about a 2-minute walk from our sites.
• Pick up your name tags from Penny
• Advise if attending (1) Dinner Saturday night AND (2) Sunday night dinner Cost to be provided closer to the event but are estimated at no more than 12.50 per person, per meal. There may be advance costs for events during our free time, which will be provided upon confirmation.
• Pay the $20 per Rig Chapter Donation
• Pay $———- per person for Saturday night catered meal and $……..for Sunday night catered meal.
• Provide the Last Name for Drawings
4:30-6:30 PM. Cocktail & Dinner Party and FLAMINGLES Time at MEETING HALL (reserved for our use)
Bring food dishes that serve for light dinner –enough for yourselves & 6 others. Please note there are no pots, pans or utensils for our use nor is there any stove. There is a refrigerator and sink. . IF YOUR LAST NAME ENDS IN A THROUGH N, PLEASE BRING SALAD OR VEGGIES AS YOUR DISH; IF YOUR NAME ENDS IN O THROUGH Z, BRING ENTRÉE TYPE DISHES. DESSERT WILL BE S’MORES’ AROUND THE FIRE.
• Setups of paper plates, plastic forks, etc. will be provided
• We MAY rotate tables every 30 minutes to Mingle (suggestion from a Flamingle)
7:30 pm. Meet & FLAMINGLE by the Fire where we will all introduce ourselves and enjoy our desert of S’mores. BRING YOUR OWN CHAIRS. If you have sticks for cooking marshmallows, bring those too!
SATURDAY, November 16, 2019
8:00-9:30 Breakfast at MEETING HALL provided by CHAPTER: Fruit, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, selection of muffins and milk
• Coffee and Orange Juice Provided
• BRING RV ITEMS YOU WANT TO SELL—THERE WILL BE A TABLE TO PLACE THEM UPON.
10:00-11:30 AM- Hands-on Workshop “Maintaining Your Chassis” by Mercedes Representative; Q&A and do a visual tour of the rig
11:30-3:00 Lunch- on your own and free time (Café hours are 7 am – 2 pm. Jan’s River park Café) Visit to Silver Springs State Park being arranged by the group
3:30 -5:30 PM Chapter Business Meeting AND GROUP PHOTOS: MEETING HALL
• NEW RALLY LEADERS ADDRESSED
• Suggestion Box circulated for ideas on improving Chapter, workshop ideas, what you would like to experience
• Volunteer List circulated for Opportunities to Excel- please help us keep our momentum moving
6:00 PM Dinner by Jan’s River Park Catering at $……. per person: MEETING HALL
• Menu provided later date
• All Serving Dishes, Plates and Eating Utensils Provided
• BYO drinks and/or other food you prefer
7:30 PM Campfire with Live music by a local musician. Join in with a sing-along or just hang out and enjoy it!
SUNDAY, November 17, 2019
8:30 AM: Breakfast on your own. An on-site Café is an option.
8:30 AM Committee Meeting, breakfast of leftovers to be provided! Bring your own coffee though.
10:30 AM – 11:30 PM. “My Personalized LTV”- Tours of rigs showing unique features you have added or discovered
• Place Tee-shirt on your outside mirror if you are open for tours
• Name Tags collected
12:00 PM. Lunch on own
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM + (could take longer) –Workshops at MEETING HALL
• Workshop 1/2 hour: Trip Planning and Alaska: Alan & Dee Galbreath
• Workshop: Equalization Systems with Q & A
• Workshop 1/2 hour: Open Discussions, Bernie Ortwein, moderator
• Workshop 1/4 hour: Pet Care While Traveling: Randi Jones
o Water and Snacks provided (granola bars, fruit, pretzels)
3:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Free Time. Kayaking opportunity being arranged
6:00 PM to 9:30 PM: Dinner & Hoe Down with BBQ and fixings
Followed by live Blue Grass music
MONDAY, November 18, 2019
• Final Goodbyes on your own
11:00 AM- Checkout Required
SAFE TRAVELS AND SEE YOU NOVEMBER 2020!
From YOUR FLAMINGLES TEAM!
Note: This format is not locked in stone, so expect some adjustments. Hopefully, it provides a good sense of activities for the Rally so we may continue creating wonderful comradery; provide invaluable tips and information about RVing.
RESERVING YOUR SPOT AT WILDERNESS RV RESORT: IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY We have reserved 30 spots. 1st Come 1st serve. The group is fairly close together in one section of this large Resort. Sites will be held until 2 weeks before the Rally, at which time they will be released. IF MORE THAN 30 attend, you will need to find what may be available.
Contact: Bernice at Wilderness- 325-625-1122. Tell her you are part of the Flamingles LTV group.
Website: www.wildernessrvparkestates.com for details on the location.
Notify both of your Team of your attendance for planning purposes:
Karen Semmelman- [email protected]
Penny Durham- [email protected]
Pets: Allowed on a leash; limit 2 per lot
Pool & Jacuzzi: Yes
Park Activities include: Canoe, Kayak, and Pontoon Boat rentals; Shuffleboard & Horseshoes; Live Music, Greenway Hiking Trails
On-site small store with sweets and vending machines
Work out the fitness center
Camp Fire Ring