Spring is almost here. Well, in a few months. But, it’s time to start thinking about our Spring Rally and making reservations. This Spring we will be meeting at the Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort in Casa Grande, AZ (palmcreekgolf.com). We will occupy the new section of the park which has very large full hook-up RV sites, along with a concrete pad, pool, covered pavilion, community meeting room with kitchen and large individual bathroom/shower facilities. The community room will be reserved for us.
WHAT’S AT PALM CREEK?
- 4 Pools
- Morning Water Aerobics
- Water Volleyball
- 18-hole Par 3 Golf Course
- Bark Parks for Pets
- Lawn Bowling
- Various Card Games
WHAT’S IN THE CASA GRANDE AREA?
- Casa Grande Ruins National Monument – Coolidge – 19 miles
- Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino – Maricopa – 25 miles
- Dwarf Car Museum – Maricopa – 29 miles
- Desert Botanical Gardens, Phoenix, 50 miles
- Saguaro National Park West – Tucson – 66 miles
- Arizona Sonora Desert Museum – Tucson – 70 miles
- Biosphere 2 – Oracle – 72 miles
- Pima Air & Space Museum & Bone Yard Tour – Tucson – 82 miles
RESTAURANTS IN THE AREA
- Anaya’s (Mexican)
- Airport Tavern (Burgers and Such)
- BeDillons Restaurant & Cactus Garden (Fine Dining)
- Flashbacks Broasted Chicken (50s style diner) (13 miles)
- Galloping Goose (Bar Food) (19 miles)
You will need the following for hookup at Palm Creek: a 15’ sewer hose, 50’ water hose, 50’ 30 Amp Electrical Cord OR a 25’ electrical extension cord ($36 at Amazon) in addition to the LTV factory provided 30A cable.
Call Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort Reservations, (520) 371-5830 and make your reservations for the Southwest Road Runners Rally, April 6 – 10, 2021. The cost for this Rally will be $46.64 per night/site. This rate will be honored for seven days prior and beyond the Rally dates. Then email Jim Van Namee at [email protected] to sign up, providing your name, reservation dates, email & phone number. Then join us!