The Florida Flamingles held their Fall Rally at the recently opened, luxurious Surf Resort in Palmetto, Florida. Nearly 135 owners attended, and 73 LTV rigs were represented.
The three-night, four-day event included educational content, hands-on DIY sessions, and social time. Our rally attendance has grown 42% since April, and 60% of the attendees were ‘first-timers.’ Members of ‘The Flock’ attended and participated in four programs on Saturday that included:
- Destinations and Drives (panel discussion): an interactive mapping process that identified the top spots folks have traveled to and their bucket list on where they want to go.
- To Tow or Not to Tow (panel discussion): covered the highs and lows of towing a vehicle behind our LTVs, including an energetic conversation that illuminated both sides of the debate.
- RV Connectivity (panel discussion) focused on some of the more frequently used technologies (MiFi, Boosters, etc.) but zeroed in primarily on Starlink and its capabilities.
- LTV Enthusiast Forum Chatter (Ask Sandy): We discussed the most popular topics on Modifications, Upgrades, Electrical Systems, and Repair Issues. A Flamingles favorite, Sandra Johnson, our club’s Chief Technical Officer, fielded numerous questions from our members about various equipment problems/solutions.
- We also held Me and My LTV tours, Shop and Swap Marketplace, and DIY with Sandy sessions, where owners had hands-on upgrade experiences installing their Victron Smart Shunts.
When the Flock wasn’t attending program sessions, they socialized with each other during catered meal events (two American breakfasts, one lunch, one reception, and two dinners; all meals were spectacular). We even had poolside dancing to fabulous live music by the band Elevation on Saturday night.
We held our semi-annual Business Meeting on Sunday morning (required by the State of Florida as a 501 (C7) nonprofit association) and our very popular Open Forum (no question is a dumb question session). After the Open Forum, the Flamingles took Sunday afternoon off to hang around the opulent pool, cool off with a drink at the bar, get energized during a pickleball round, explore the massive 450-site campground by bicycle, or take in the local sites.
By the end of the weekend, we distributed over $2,000 in door prizes (thanks to our six generous sponsors) won by more than half of our attendees. Our sponsors also provided unique special offers valued at $500 (or more) exclusively for members of Florida Flamingle Flock. It was a great Rally; check out pictures from our member-contributed photo gallery!
Many members of the Flamingles Flock have already blocked their calendars for our Spring Rally, held April 12-15, 2024. Registration will soon open; this is a member-only event, so be sure you are registered with our club at floridaflamingles.com. We hope to see you there!
Written by: Gary Oster