Our group of 14 LTVs gathered on Friday, Nov, 3 at Citrus Hall for beverages and great appetizers for dinner. Everyone brought delicious foods to share as introductions were made. We were asked to share where we call home, the farthest we have traveled in our LTV what model LTV we have and how long we have been happy LTV owners.
It was evident immediately that everyone in the room just LOVES their LTV. We learned that many people had traveled to other states to get their LTV and also many had a history of travel in a larger RV and were very pleased with their “downsizing”.
On Saturday, we met once again at Citrus Hall for coffee, juice, yummy eggs and sausage prepared by our hosts Pat and Art Dubuc. Clean up and down to the bocce ball courts for a really fun time of learning (or perfecting) the bocce ball game.
Lots of good energy and laughter! Lunch was on our own and then on to shuffleboard. Such an active group. We met for a potluck dinner which was delicious. Carol Hackney facilitated a discussion highlighting the following topics:
Gizmos and Gadgets
- Induction burner
- Outside oven
- Stacking pots and pans (brand Optima from magma industries)
- Rechargeable batteries (brand “enneloop” found on Amazon.com)
- Boost antenna for better cell phone coverage/ways to insure more secure wifi
- 2 Leveler systems: Bigfoot and Equalizer Systems
- Tire pressure monitors good idea
- Surge protector & voltage monitor good idea
- Remember – no spare tire so plug kit and tire compressor good idea
- Check your fire extinguisher (recall), know how to exit in case of fire
- Defrosting the refrigerator every 2 weeks is normal. Suggestion to place a small
- fan that uses D batteries in the fridge to keep air flowing
- Trash can (3 gal) with flat lid can be used as side table too
Organizations to look into/Good deals
- Harvest Host
- Sky med
- Family Motor Coach Association members can save $600 on tires
- Encore Group offers great prices at nice locations. Will be at Tampa RV show.
- Good Sam/KOA/ Passport America/Flying J/Sams Club – look into membership for special deals and discounts on fuel
- Next Exit book or app
- Gas Buddy app
On Sunday, we enjoyed coffee, juice and donut breakfast and lunch on our own. Relaxing day for all.
Fabulous catered dinner at Citrus Hall. Delicious pork, browned potatoes, ginger carrots, salad and zucchini bread and we did not even need to bring our own place setting! After dinner we joined in with all the TR neighbors for an ice cream social (very generous scoop for only $.75) and fun Dixieland music.
The people who had never been to TR (lingo for those in the know “Travelers Rest”) got to go down front, say their name and where they were from. Many in our group went to the front and the audience was just amazed at how many new people were there! So exciting! (I don’t think they knew we were leaving the next morning!)
- Daily driving 4 hours/ stop by 3:00 or 300 miles but more than that remember:
- “Are you doing what you want to do? Don’t wait!”
- All Stays
- Facebook Enthusiast
- LTV website
- RV Parking
- Good Sam Trip Planner
Next get together!
- Mark your calendars for Wednesday, January 17 (during Tampa RV Show)
- Dinner at Islamorada Fish Company on Palm River Road, Tampa (near Brandon)
- Time to be determined and more info on that later.
- Spring 2018 Rally is set for April 19-22 at San Carlos RV Park in Ft. Myers.
- Dennis is looking into fishing tours, sunset boat cruise, dinner theater (My Fair Lady)
Pat got permission to send out all our names and email info so we can keep in touch. Remember, it is really helpful to post places you have gone on Facebook. Our group will need a Rally location for next fall, so if you are at a great park that has room for a group with some fun amenities, talk to the manager and get some info and pass it on to Pat.