This healthy and delicious chicken dish with fresh vegetables is easy to make and great for leftovers. Serves 4… or 2 with leftovers!
Boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 each, green and yellow squash
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Season chicken on both sides with garlic powder, salt, and pepper (salt optional)
- Brown both sides of chicken in olive oil on medium heat, about 3 minutes per side
- Place chicken in a baking dish
- Sauté zucchini and mushrooms until soft and tender; sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper, and Italian seasoning
- Pour veggie mixture over chicken
- Bake at 325 in convection oven for 20 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes
Try using a round glass pie plate – it fits well in the convection oven.